Saturday, November 28, 2009

Where did last month go

The last few weeks have been hectic with Trans Awareness Week, seeing the amazing Kate Borstein, Trans Day of Remembrance, and criss-crossing a Massachusetts a few times in one week. Now, I am recovering from Thanksgiving, which includes making various dishes that include turkey, like soup, pot pie, and anything else I can safely hide turkey in.

Last month I replaced my six year old digital camera, it was high tech at the time with a 3.2 megapixels, my current cell phone camera has more megapixels. So like I do for all gadget purchases, I research what what is out there and who likes what. I then go to the store and circle the camera counter for about an hour checking out all the features, realizing the one I thought I was going to buy relies on old school batteries, so knock that off the list, until I finally settle on a 12.2 megapixel Fuji. It is almost the exact same size as my old camera, but much more features and bigger LCD screen. I have been at the store for a good 40 minutes.

This is the type of place you need a sales associate to come over and get the merchandise for you. The whole time I was circling there were 2-3 sales people where right near by, but as soon as I want to pay for something, they ignore me. First, I thought okay they are just busy, but when I approached one he turned away from me and walked over to a couple that had not even made it to the counter yet. I stood waiting 10, 15, 20 minutes, then I thought why should I give these guys my money, why should they get a commission from my sale. I walked out and drove to another store where I was immediately helped.

Overall, I like the camera, I mean it's no digital slr, but for a point and shoot it works. Of course I have to remember to take pictures now and then.




No comments:

Post a Comment